IF YOU ARE NOT AN ADULT OR HAVE ANY DOUBT AS TO YOUR CAPACITY TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
- This website is operated from Chynoweth House, Trevissome Park, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8UN England by Givemecredit Limited, (referred to as “we” or “us” in these terms), a company registered in the UK and which operates similar websites worldwide. IN ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE GOVERNED IN ALL RESPECT BY THE LAWS OF ENGLAND, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAWS OR OTHER REGULATION and in particular shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods. You further submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England for all disputes, cases and controversies regarding this website, your use of this website and your relationship with us. We make no representation that content or materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in locations other than South Africa. Accessing this website from territories where the content is illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this website from other locations then you agree that you do so entirely at your own risk and in doing so you agree without limitation that you are solely responsible for compliance with local laws including any laws regarding the transmission of data exported from England, or from South Africa, or from the country in which you reside, or from the country you are in when you access the website.
- This website enables individual consumers to compare a wide range of credit and financial products. We may express views, may present analyses and surveys, and may give facts about different financial products so that individual consumers can make more informed decisions. Such services are for your personal use and are not transferable. You acknowledge and agree that accessing this website, whether or not you use such services, constitutes reasonable and valuable consideration.
- WE DO NOT PROVIDE FINANCIAL ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATIONS, NOR DO WE ENDORSE ANY CREDIT PROVIDER OR SERVICE PROVIDER. It is important that before applying for a particular financial product or service you should always check the suitability of the product or service prior to completing the application and committing to the contract or agreement. If you are in any doubt about the product or service and its suitability for your own circumstances then you should seek independent professional advice, prior to making a decision.
- WE ARE NOT A SERVICE PROVIDER. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to investigate the appropriateness of service providers for your individual circumstances, and also acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for any losses, costs, damages or claims arising from your choice or use of service providers.
- WE ARE NOT A CREDIT PROVIDER. Nor do we warrant that the credit products that we feature on this website constitute every possible credit product for which you may or may not qualify for. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to investigate the appropriateness of credit providers for your individual circumstances, and also acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for any losses, costs, damages or claims arising from your choice or use of credit providers.
- We provide our own proprietary credit scores on this website which are a measure of the probability of you defaulting on a credit agreement, based on a range of 0-1000, where 0 represents a very high risk and 1000 represents a very low risk. The average score on our scorecard is in the region of 750. The method of calculation of credit scores is a commercial secret and is not disclosed. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY AND TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, RELEVANCE OR OTHERWISE OF CREDIT SCORES. You accept that there is no universal scorecard, and that the credit scores that we provide cannot be compared to those produced from other sources, other than those provided on other websites operated by us internationally.
- We give no warranty that after using your credit score to identify lenders who are most likely to lend to you, that in every case those lenders will grant credit, as the ultimate decision to lend is not ours and may be based on information available to the lender that is not available to us. Amongst other things, Lenders will use their own scorecards to judge the risk related to your application. We do not recommend, either expressly or by implication, any particular lender or credit provider.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT USE ANY OF THE INFORMATION WE PROVIDE TO YOU INCLUDING CREDIT SCORES AND CREDIT RATINGS AS THE SOLE BASIS FOR ANY DECISION YOU MAY MAKE, NOR USE THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN ANY WAY THAT MIGHT BE DETRIMENTAL TO US.
- The information we present to you is compiled from lenders and other companies whose accuracy we do not control or influence. While we take reasonable steps to keep the contents of this website up to date, we will not be held liable for any error or omission. The websites that we link to are operated and maintained by third parties over whom we have no control. Accordingly, we accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or legality of any information or other material contained on those sites. WE DO NOT MAKE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING OUR SERVICES AND/OR OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OUR WEBSITE, OR RELATING TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, MERCHANTABILITY, CONFORMITY OR APPROPRIATENESS, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER.
- You agree that you will not hold us, our affiliates, our employees, or any of our suppliers liable for any direct or indirect damages, costs, losses or expenses of any nature resulting from the use or misuse of the information delivered by us. You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us, our employees and agents against any claim or action made against them for any losses damages costs or other expenses in connection with your use of our services, including any legal fees we may incur. WE SHALL IN NO EVENT BE RESPONSIBLE TO, OR LIABLE TO, YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER THESE BE SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute between us, you and we agree to endeavor to resolve this by first using our published complaints procedure. If the matter remains unresolved despite reasonable efforts, you and we agree that each of us may bring claims against the other only on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member for any purported class or representative action or proceeding. If any part of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, then this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed ineffective. Only that portion of the Agreement that is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from the Agreement and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force as if the removed part had never existed.
- You can contact us by email or through our Secure Message system. When you send a message to us you consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that at our sole discretion we may communicate to you by email, through our Secure Message system, or by posting notices or new content on our website. You agree that any such communication made by us shall satisfy any legal requirement that communication to you must be in writing.
- We aim to provide continuous and uninterrupted access to this website and all of the services offered, but we can give no warranty as to the availability of the website. We make no warranty that the website or any affiliated links, services or information posted is free from viruses or anything else which may cause damage or destruction of property and accept no liability in respect of this. We will not be liable for damages, direct or indirect loss for the use or inability to use the website or any of its contents, or from any action or omission taken as a result of the content of the website.
- You agree that we may terminate supply of information to you at any time and without notice and for any reason that we will not disclose or discuss. We reserve the right to update and change the content of the website at any time and without any prior notice.
- We continually try to improve the services we offer and may change or vary the contents of this web site, the suppliers of information, these terms and conditions, and any other aspect of our products and services without notice or warning.
- The law that applies to this website makes it a criminal offence to attempt to access data on a website without lawful excuse, irrespective of whether damage or fraud is intended or occurs.
- All content is the property of Givemecredit Limited and is protected by copyright and trademark laws. All graphics, logos, headers, icons and scripts are the property of Givemecredit Limited. You may not use any of our trademarks or any of our property without our prior written permission.
If you wish to make a complaint, please email us. Our complaints policy is that:
- We will acknowledge your complaint usually within 24 hours and always within 2 working days.
- We will deal with it confidentially.
- We aim to provide a fair response within 5 working days.
- If your complaint requires detailed investigation we will keep you advised regularly by email of the progress we have made.
- If you are unhappy with our response, you can appeal to our Operations Director for a personal review of your complaint, by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org